Monday, February 29, 2016

week 59 my pillow is my only constant in my life

the subject line basically sums this transfer up completely. I have no idea who my companion is or where my area is anymore. Insanity at it's finest.

Here's my story for the week, but lets start with the moral: Sister Training Leaders need Sister Training Leaders.

At MLC this week Sister Huber and I were approached by another set of sisters about having us do an exchange with them. President told us after the meeting that it would probably be a good idea if we did so since they are both newer to the mission. Luckily, we are always packed up ready to go because we basically live out of our car from Tuesday to Saturday. Have no fear! 

It was actually pretty crazy because we were planning on an exchange with some of our other sisters but it didn't feel right. The second we decided to go down, I felt like it was EXACTLY what we needed to do. We got down there late in the afternoon and answered some questions about being an STL, before we split and headed out to work.

When I got in the car with this sister, I had the DISTINCT impression to "listen to her". So I did. As we drove to the area we were going to be working in, I had another thought come to mind to forget the plans that we had for the night and help this sister. She expressed to me a lot of things that she had been faced with lately and just how much she had been bottling up.

It was a humbling experience as I talked with her. Every time I tried to think logically, I failed in trying to help her. Whenever it was Sister Sackley talking, we ended up running around in circles. But when I listened to the spirit, everything became very clear. What it came down to was she felt worthless, absolutely worthless and wanted to go home. In fact, she had been wanting to go home for a couple months.

Once again, another impression came to have her pray and seek her potential from the Lord. At this point we had ended up in Burger King parking lot. So I told her that she was going to stay in the car and pray and write down EVERYTHING that came to mind. The spirit was thick in the car and I knew this is what the Lord needed her to do. She looked at me and said, "Would if he doesn't answer?" For a second I doubted. I had the thought come, "Well would if he doesn't? Then what?"


Almost immediately the spirit overwhelmed me I knew that the Lord wouldn't have been prompting me if he wasn't going to answer her. I reassured her and told her that I had received multiple promptings to have her do this. It seemed to up her faith a bit. I stepped outside of the car and sat on the curb for a good 40 minutes.

When I got back in she said, "I've received multiple blessings on my mission, but as I just prayed, I felt that He was talking to me more than He ever has before". Tears came to my eyes, as I knew this sisters prayers had been answered. As we drove home that night she said, "I'm not the same person I was when I got into this car tonight". I was so touched. 

Sometimes I dream of being a normal missionary again, where I am in my area 7 days a week. But I am finding the joy in these incredibly unique experiences that I am having with these sisters. I love the sisters I get to work with. It's still the Lord's work, just a little different than normal. 

Love you!
Sister Mal


Marlitza 

No comments:

Post a Comment