Tuesday, March 29, 2016

week 59

Well family. Things changed... A LOT this week. I am blaming Dad because he told me that I needed to be transferred. Well dad, your wish was granted (kind of).

Sister Huber and I were on an exchange out in Clearwater on Tuesday this week when we got a call from the assistants. We are now companions. I am sad to leave Sister Felt, but the whole situation is better for all involved. She's off to great things and I am so proud of her.

But wait, the excitement doesn't stop there! We've known for weeks, but on Sunday our ward officially split. I really can't even begin to explain the roller coaster of emotions that I have felt over the last week. Sister Huber and I have officially been "transferred" to the Land O Lakes ward, a brand new ward that is completely starting from scratch. The only people that have callings are the bishopric. We have a meeting with the bishop tonight, and I am actually really excited about it.

Monday marked 10 months since I have been in the Tampa 2nd ward. It's one ward, but there are kind of two sides to the ward because of how it is geographically laid out. For the last 10 months I have lived in Wesley Chapel and that place has literally become home. Anytime we leave area, I always feel a sense of relief when we get off the freeway and drive back to our little apartment. I am so sad to leave that area, the people, the members, and everything else that is so wonderful over there. I feel very blessed to be keeping a portion of the ward the same, but I don't think I'll ever be able to fully describe how much I love that ward. 

A lot of things have changed since I got here 10 months ago and I think a little bit of my heart will always be there. I can't decide if this is better than or worse than an actual transfer. This is honestly the first time I've actually thought about it. This ward is home. I will miss it so much.

For happy things-- we are pumped to start working in the Land O Lakes ward. The Bishop and his family are incredible and we are expecting big things to come over the next couple weeks. The Lord has a plan, like always, and I know it's time for a bit of a change. 

This quote has been the back screen on my ipad for the last week and I am really believing that it's true. It's from President Gordon B. Hinckley,  "Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people... Stand higher, lift those with feeble kneeds, hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ."

Sending love from the land with lots of lakes,
Sister Mal

P.S. A ward member told us that Land O Lakes is the nudest capital of the world. Cheers!
P.P.S. My new address is 23410 White Magnolia Place #104 Lutz, FL 33549





No comments:

Post a Comment