Tuesday, March 29, 2016

week 61

I held a gator and I ate a gator this week. I feel like I have officially truly experienced Florida now!

Now on a completely unrelated note... here's my little spiritual insight for the week that is going to be all over the place.

It's March. A year ago, I had the privilege of going to the temple, just 5 weeks into my misison. Most missionaries at the time, didn't get to go until their last transfer. I felt like the luckiest lucky duck around. Well, they've changed things around and now missionaries go at their half way point, but you only get to go once, and since I went at 5 weeks, I don't get to go until I'm back home. 

Over the past couple weeks I have REALLY wished that I could just go to the temple. It's been a full year since I got to feel the peace that comes upon walking in those doors. So I've been praying lately that either a miracle could happen and President would let me go again :) OR I would find that peace in another way.

As a missionary, you feel the spirit, A LOT. It comes in a lot of different forms and manifests itself at different times of the day all day long. It's wonderful, but honestly in the past year I have not had the joy of feeling the spirit through that overwhelming peace that normally comes with a temple. We were in a woman's home this week and we shared the new easter video with her. I can't even tell you how many times I've watched that video this past week. We have been sharing with members, investigators and people on the street- anyone and everyone.

But something was different this time. We sat in her family room and the spirit came in SO strong. I literally looked around the room, because for a second I thought I was in the temple. The peace that I have been searching for, for the last year, came. It came at the most unexpected time and not in the way that I thought it would. From that moment on, every time we have shared the video since then, I feel that same sense of peace come over me. 

If you haven't seen it, you need to go watch it right now! (www.mormon.org/easter). I feel like one of the biggest reasons that I feel the spirit so strongly through this little 2 minute clip is because it reminds me of where my testimony all began. I just read Log's blog letter and it made me think of when I gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon. 

When I was 14, I read this scripture. Alma 24:14, "And the great God has had mercy on us, and made these things known unto us that we might not perish; yea, and he has made these things known unto us beforehand, because he loveth our souls as well as he loveth our children; therefore, in his mercy he doth visit us by his angels, that the plan of salvation might be made known unto us as well as well as unto future generations. Oh, how merciful is our God!"

I have NEVER felt greater peace in my life then when I read that scripture. I think it was in that moment that I knew this book had to be from God. God loves every single one of us and didn't want to leave us alone, so he gave us the Plan of Happiness. He helped us to see that this life really isn't the end but there is just so much more to come. This is truly only a blink of an eye. He will never leave us comfortless. I love this Easter season because it helps me to remember where my testimony all began and it reminds me that what brings me the most joy is knowing that we can be with our loved ones forever. It's not too good to be true. It's true, and I know it with all my heart. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!

love you
sister mal

p.s. prayers for mariah and priscilla- that their mom will let them be baptized! 




No comments:

Post a Comment