Monday, December 28, 2015

week 45



Saturday was probably one of the best days of mission. Two things happened that I really don't even think I can explain just how happy I was...
 
1- John Moore was baptized.
2- Mike Mesick agreed to be baptized on December 26th.
 
John first. I was looking back on my journal to when we first met him. May 23, 2015. Over the last 7 months I have seen so many changes in that man and I really can't express how grateful I am that I have been able to see his conversion. Everytime I see him, I've been asking how he feels, and he just says, "peaceful". The spirit at his baptism was truly just that, "peaceful". I look back to July when he told us he needed some time and how heart broken Sister Olson and I were... but it was 100% worth it for the joy and happiness that came from seeing that man follow the Savior. I am so incredibly proud of him.
 
Mike. I wrote about Mike last week and how the ward member sat him down and was so bold and loving. Well we met with him again this week and he still feels like the Lord has not given him an answer. At the beginning of the lesson I felt like I needed to explain to him my experience of whether or not to go on a mission, but I didn't want to take the attention away from him, so I didn't. As the lesson continued, I felt like I really needed to tell him, so I did. I told him that I prayed about a mission for almost three years and an answer never came. I explained that I chose to act in faith because I learned that the Lord trusted me enough to make the decision. It wasn't until after I received my call that peace came. He was fairly surprised. This lesson happened Friday night. We got a text from his wife on Saturday night that said, "I thought I would tell you the exciting news, Mike just told me he wants to be baptized on December 26th". We called and told him we were so happy that he had received his answer to which he said, "NO! I haven't received my answer. But your story made me realize that the Lord trusts me and its time for me to act in faith too! I'm waiting for the peace to come". Peace will come, it always does. My heart was so touched that the Lord used me as an instrument to do His work. 
 
If the only reason I came on my mission was to see these two men be converted to the gospel, it was ALL worth it. I would do it again and again and again just to see John and Mike follow the Savior. This truly is the Lord's work and the gospel is the only source of true peace on earth.
 
Love you all!
Sister Mal

we can't hold babies... but we can hold puppies. haha
mike and sister mesick
maddie remaley came biking with us to a lesson again. we love her.
some members gave us a little christmas tree and cookies yesterday... we were SO happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment