Monday, December 28, 2015

Family- I know you're already sick of me talking about Night in Bethlehem, so sorry for the continuation of it. But also, I'll be skyping with the you this week so I don't feel like I have to say much... oops.
 
But to everyone else out there.
 
This weekend we had the incredible experience of seeing and working at a live nativity that the Tampa Stake puts on every year. I have literally heard about this since day one in the mission field, so after 10 and a half months... I finally got to see it. It was worth the wait.
 
The first night, my companion and I went through one of the first shows and the spirit that was present was indescribable. As we sat there watching the reinactment of the birth of the Savior, I was taken aback at just how scared of an occassion it truly was. Christmas on the mission is amazing because everything is focused on the true meaning of Christmas. The first scene in the show is of Mary and Joseph looking for room in the inn and a song is sung as Joseph runs from inn to inn. At the beginning of the scene they posed the question, "Do you have room?" And I want to pose the same question to each of you... Do you have room for the Savior? I think the song explains itself.
 
Do you have room?

They journeyed far, a weary pair
They sought for shelter from the cold night air
Some place where she, could lay her head
Where she could give her babe a quiet bed

Was there no room, nor corner there?
In all the town a spot someone could spare?
Was there no soul come to their aid?
A stable there was where the family stayed

Do you have room for the Savior?
Do you seek him anew?
Do you hold place for the one who lives and died for you?
Are you as humble as a shepherd boy?
Or as wise as men of old?
Would you have come that night?
Would you have sought the night?
Do you have room?

The star arose, a wondrous light
A sign from God this was the holy night
And yet so few would to come to see
The babe who rescued you and me
This child divine is now a king
The gift of life to all the world he brings
And all mankind is saved from doom
But on that night for him there was no room

Do you have room for the Savior?
Do you seek him anew?
Do you hold place for the one who lives and died for you?
Are you as humble as a shepherd boy
Or as wise as men of old?
Would you have come that night?
Would you have sought the night?
Do you have room?

Will you come tonight?
Will you seek the light?
Do you have room?
I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is my Savior and Redeemer. What a wonderful time of the year it truly is. 
 
I love you all and have a Happy Christmas!!
 
Love,
Sister Mal


we passed out 250 copies of the book of mormon to all the non-members that came this weekend. there was well over 2500 people that came to Night in Bethlehem

we got a couple of our investigators to participate in the angel choir or be villagers. we love the youth in this ward. they are absolutely amazing. all of our work comes from them






No comments:

Post a Comment