Thursday, December 3, 2015

week 42

So we met with sweet Ashley this week and came up with a brand new game plan. Due to holidays and being a teenager- we reset her baptismal date for January 9th. But we wanted to make sure she still REALLY wanted to be baptized... so we talked all about it at our last lesson. 
 
We asked why she was still meeting with us and she said, "Well you know my dad passed a couple years ago and ever since I've been meeting with you I feel closer to him. Like I feel like he's proud of me and this is what he would want me to do. He loved church and Jesus and the bible so I just feel this connection to him as we talk".
 
We explained more about families being together forever and how proud her dad is of her. I think one of the coolest things of being a missionary is being able to feel an ounce of God's love for others. It's the strangest thing, and I'm not even sure how to describe other thatn I just want to tell everyone that I love them! But I know that's creepy, so I don't. But in this moment I truly felt not only God's love for Ashley but that her dad was so pleased with what she was doing. 
 
There are angels all around us that are helping us through each day and they sure do make missionary work a lot easier for us.
 
I have always loved this quote by Jeffrey R. Holland but over the past couple weeks I have come to understand it more and more as I have truly felt the help of the angels that surround us.
 
In the gospel of Jesus Christ
 we have help from both sides of the veil. When disappointment and discouragement strike—and they
 will—we need to remember that if our eyes could be opened, we would see horses and chariots of fire
 as far as the eye can see, riding at great speed to come to our protection. They will always be
 there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham’s seed.
 
Love you all!
Sister Mal



biking with sister haper down my favorite bike path


our dishwasher broke this week... it was smoking and i tried to save the day and ended up burning my little fingers. not smart sister sackley, not smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment