Monday, September 7, 2015

week 31

i'm copying Elder Go this week and doing a word vomit... I have no idea what I am even going to write about. here goes nothing!

First things first: SISTER OLSON AND JUDKINS ARE COMPANIONS AND OPENED A THIRD AREA IN TAMPA 2 AND LIVE WITH US. I know that doesn't mean much to anyone but me...but let's just say all three of the sisters I have trained all live with me know, and I am one happy camper. I love our little apartment, even if things are a tad bit crowded, it's wonderful!
Second: Sister Harper, 19 (but her birthday is this week) from Ajo, Arizona and she is probably the most driven, hard-working trainee I have ever met. Half the time she has no idea what's going on but she roles well with the punches and its up for anything and everything. I am really excited for this transfer and for the things we are going to accomplish!
Jaylen update: So Jaylen has meeting with his uncle this next Sunday to talk about his baptism, so his date had to be pushed back a week. He's 18, so technically doesn't need parental permission, but it's always nice to know that your family supports you in what you do, so we are taking an extra week so that his mom and uncle will support the whole thing. He's amazing though. Every time we teach him anything, he soaks it right up like a dry sponge. Keep him in your prayers.
This week I think I realized I got stuck in a rut and didn't even realize it. The first few months of my mission were filled with change which kept me on my toes, but these last couple months, everything has been the same. This week, Sister Harper joined in and I decided that change needed to come. Her first night we met a man who invited us to come back and teach his family, so we did just that. On Saturday we taught the whole family, mom, dad, and three kids. I have tried to change a lot over the past week, including how I teach. IT WAS THE BEST LESSON I HAVE EVER HAD. The whole family was engaged and interacted the whole time. They all wanted to share something and the dad asked that we return to share more. I feel like over the last couple months, I stopped letting myself change. The rut was comfortable and I thought life was going great, but by stepping back and asking for help from the Lord, it's been an amazing couple of days. I use to hate change, every thing about it, and now, change has become my new best friend.
Love you all!
Sister Mal
sister harper and I on her first night riding bikes... it was a blast

sister olson and judkins took our car for the day and the next day we got in it and hermonie was being hung...

the night Kate Cusick (The Mission President's daughter)  slept over :) sister olson and i bought matching grandma nightgowns for her birthday... kate thought we were freaks hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment