Tuesday, April 28, 2015

week 14

I think every 6 weeks my blog letter home will be about trusting the Lord.

Transfer emails came this week.

Sister Judkins and I really thought we were safe because we were in the middle of her training! 

LIES!

Sackley, Mallory........ Transfer and Train

This is a joke right?

I've thought a lot about the last 3 months the last couple of days. Everything that has happened so far on my mission was NOTHING that I expected. Our joke is that the Lord won't have any more curve balls to throw at me next transfer! But I know there will be, because there always is.

I have gained a strong testimony that there is no growth in the comfort zone and there is absolutely NO comfort in the growth zone. I'm terrified for the upcoming week, but I know that the Lord has something in mind. He knows what He is doing, and I just need to take a chill pill and calm down.

We read a book every morning in companionship study called, "Adjusting to Missionary Life". There is a part that says, "Think of the worst possible thing that could happen, and if it's something the Savior could help you with, move on without fear". 

Move on without fear.

This week the Lord is going to help me as I go to pick up my newest greenie. He is going to bless her with patience. He is going to bless us with strength to do His work in this new area. He is going to help me as we try to navigate where the apartment is, where the church is, and where the investigators are at. He is going to help us as we get lost as we walk and bike around town. I officially have no knowledge to lean on, only Him. It's scary, and so exciting at the same time. 

Am I terrified? Yes. But I have faith. Faith is an incredible thing, and I know that as my new companion and I act on our faith, the Lord WILL bless us with miracles. 

Let's do this.

Love ya!
Sister Mal
meet Eric Jeune. he's 8. he's haitian. he walked up to us one day and said, "HELLO CHRIST SISTERS!" needless to say, we're best friends. and he taught me how to say, "leave me alone" in creole this week. he also taught me some serious dance moves. 
our favorite- miss Ronetta. We spend every Tuesday with her. She
was baptized in December and she is just the sweetest

Reaction to transfer news

the moment we realized a sock bun doesn't work on my head


tampa district



Waffle House with the Lewis'!! They always take he departing
missionaries on our last morning.


annnnnd sister Chadwick teaching me how to fix my flat tire just
before she goes home :)
im going to miss this ward and this whole crew SO much


No comments:

Post a Comment