Wednesday, April 22, 2015

week 13



greeeetings!

about a month ago I wrote Logan and asked desperately for advice on how to manage training after only 6 weeks of being a missionary.

he wrote me back and told me three things, and this week, Sister Judkins and I discovered that we were doing them and Elder Logan was right.

1- Don't act like new missionaries. This has probably been the hardest. We've gotten lost so many times, and called the other sisters for help every single time we have a question. But this week we realized that we need to rely on what the Lord is telling us to do a little bit more. Clearly we know enough to be put together, so we went for it. We felt like greenies on the inside, but tried our hardest to work like we had been out for a year. Our spirits were lifted and the Lord led us again and again.

2- Bring the pain. I come home each night and bascially collapse on the floor. We walk and bike all day. I've never been so tan and tired in my life. But it is the best thing ever. Our bodies are exhausted, and yet I've never been so happy in my life.

3- Beg for miracles, they come. We begged, we pleaded, we fasted, we worked, and they do come. I often feel like I'm in the field of dreams saying, "If you build it, they will come!!" It's true. It's so true. One little example: We knocked on a man's door and showed him the Because He Lives video. He was nice, but as we kept talking to him, we realized he really didn't want anything to do with us. He then out of the blue said, "You know, I read your book, the Book of Mormon 30 plus years ago, and I want to believe it's true, but I just don't". We asked if he ever asked the Lord if it was true, and suddenly he was taken aback. He's agreed to give it another try and ask God this time. He's in the middle of 2 Nephi, and is amazed by what he is learning. Pray for Danny. He's ready, we know the Lord has prepared his heart.

Elder Logan- you've done it again. Way to go.

I love you all! Have a great week.
Love 
Sister Mal

sometimes... the things we find in our apartment complex worry us. ohhh tampa.




i love other churches reader boards

flamingos in the bay!

the roach's are out! I killed my first cockroach at the church this week. 

it's a week of firsts-- i officially can ride a bike with no hands. please enjoy my bow too :) haha



No comments:

Post a Comment