Tuesday, May 5, 2015

week 15





Ron and Booker- last day in south Tampa. These men will get
baptized... One day!!




driving to transfers!! and a quick lunch at Taco Bus before I leave my two chikas!




New companions!


this is emma lewis. garrett's future wife. she was my WML's daughter. she's the best.


i almost biked over this little guy on my first day in wesley chapel... there are animals EVERYWHERE.


sister olson felt like we REALLY needed to take our bikes to the baptism on saturday.... we weren't sure why, but we are not about to doubt a prompting. we took them.... nothing happened, but we listen to the Lord. we think the bikes helped prevent something from happening... that's what we're rolling with.









HELLO FROM WESLEY CHAPEL!
 
well- first things first:
2410 Hillary Crest St. Apt 205
Wesley Chapel, FL  33544
:)
Companion: Sister Olson. 19. St. George. Cosmotologist. Patient with my psychoness.
 
This week consisted of: transfers, getting lost, the beach, getting lost, a baptism, and getting lost.
 
It's been a party!
 
We got here Wednesday afternoon and our areabook hadn't come through on the ipad yet... basically we were CLUELESS. We're laughing and praying a whole lot around here.
 
On Thursday we spent a good portion of the day planning fo the next week and trying to make calls and figure out where to even begin. I was feeling so insanely overwhelmed and stressed. And my thoughts went back to a conversation I had with President on the phone earlier this week before I was transfered. It went a little bit like this:
 
Me: Hello this is Sister Sackley!
President: Hello Sister Sackley, this is President Cusick! 
Me: Hi! How are you?
President: Good... good.... Sister Sackley...
Me: Yes?
President: Mallory?
Me: ....Yes??
President: Are you hapy?
Me: Yes President, I am.
President: Good. I want you to know you are needed in a new area. I know you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed, but there is a new area that needs you. 
Me: I believe you.
President: I've promised you before, and I'll say it again, we are going to use you, but we won't break you. Okay?
Me: Okay. I trust you.
 
Everytime I feel stressed I say to myself, "We will use you but we won't break you". So in that moment, when I felt like I couldn't take it anymore, we decided to get out of the dang apartment and leave early for an appointment. Fresh air does you good.
 
We went to the appointment. It was a man named Hutch who needed just one more lesson before he could get baptized on Saturday. We taught him the lesson, stayed while the district leader did his interview, and then headed home. It wasn't until we were on the way home that I realized how much better I felt. We got out. We taught. We worked hard and suddenly everything felt right again. I knew that I wouldn't break.
 
"I have oten said one of the greatest secrets of missionary work is work! If a missionay works, he will get the Spirit; if he gets the Spirit, he will teach by the Spirit; and if he teaches by the Spirit, he will touch the hearts of the people and he will be happy. Work, work, wok- there is no satisfactory substitute, especially in missionary work" -Ezra Taft Benson
 
We will work all week, even if we continue to get lost the entire time :) God is providing for us more than we could ever imagine. Every little thing is going to be alright.
 
I love you all!
Sister Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment