Sunday, April 19, 2015

week 12



hellllllo!

Well for the first time in a year and a half... parts of the Tampa mission are back to knocking doors! AH! I feel like an old school missionary and I don't know how to do it!

Our district leader talks about how knocking doors builds a "fist of faith". We spend most of the week knocking and everyone loves Jesus. WHICH MAKES ME SO HAPPY! But they don't understand that we all need to come closer to Him. We've been working on new approaches of how people can quickly understand that, we as missionaries, help people come closer to Christ. 

I've been thinking about it a lot this week and what it is that missionaries do. I often think of a blog that Logan wrote months ago about how we are not salesmen. I'm not here to convince or sell my faith to you. Rather I am here because I know how much happiness this gospel can bring you. I know how much closer you can come to Christ through His gospel. I am here because I am a daughter of God, and I know how much He loves me, so I want to make sure you know how much He loves you. 

A recent convert gave a talk this week in church. She challenged the congregation to think back to where your testimony originates from. When did you come to know for yourself the church was true? Think about it. For me it was a gradual process. Nothing clicked. It was a little bit here and a little bit there, and then I realized that I knew it. 

So as we knock on doors in the hot sun, I think about that. It didn't just click for me, so I can't expect it to click for them. Not only are we planting seeds, but we are watering them slowly and surely. It takes time for a testimony to grow. And if I spend my entire mission just helping people water their testimonies, then it will be worth it. Because I can think of countless people who did that for me throughout my life. 

Knocking doors truly does give you a fist of faith. I have the faith that our efforts are not being wasted. Someone will remember the two sweaty sisters that came to their door. One day, another missionary will be grateful for the seeds that were planted. It just takes time.

I love you all!
Sister Mal

I'm sweaty and crying tears of happiness. Home never tasted so good! Thank you whiteley-ross'!


I feel like Im in a bugs life! say hello to florida grasshoppers :)

PURE HAPPINESS. thank you Whiteley-Ross family!!!



my fav door so far :)


No comments:

Post a Comment