Monday, March 23, 2015

week 9

SISTER JUDKINS!! She's 19, from Spanish Fork, UT and is ready to work hard. She's diligent and determined and she puts up with me. So basically she's awesome.

The quickest way to trust God and "lean not unto thine own understanding" is by having NO understanding. Then suddenly you realize the only thing you can do is trust God and ask for His help. I've been thinking a lot about Proverbs 3:5 lately because it seems to explain where I'm at pretty well. And whoever says God doesn't have a sense of humor is wrong.

This last week I've been relying on what I've been taught in 6 weeks and the Lord's help. But I shouldn't have because the Lord truly wants me to only lean on Him. I've been given the opportunity of being a sister training leader this transfer, and God is truly the only one that knows why!

When I think about it-- why wouldn't I lean on God? He's never failed me before, why am I afraid now? God's trust is an incredible thing. When I think about everything that's happened so far on my mission I can recognize distinct times that God trusted me with a specific task. Have I always done what He's asked of me? I wish I could say yes. But He still trusts me. It truly is an empowering thought to me. It also allows me to realize that trusting God is simple for He will not fail me, even when I fail Him.

Every moment that I possibly can is now spent trusting in God and His is directing my path-- because let's be honest, I have nothing else to go off of!! We can accomplish anything with the help of the Lord, we just need to trust. He knows best, He always has, and always will.

Alma 38:5 "As much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials and your troubles and your afflictions"

Lean on God. He will direct you at all times.

I love you all!
Sister Mal

the lovely Sister Judkins! taken seconds before emailing so that we could have a picture together haha


working hard at it's finest.

brother lewis- our ward mission leader. he's our very favorite. he took my ipad and was having a great time taking pictures

our open house flyers.... haha just kidding. we got rid of the end.



 sister sutton the mummy. 



this is ian. when we were in a trio this week it was my job to keep him busy while the other sisters taught his mom... we had a good time :)

packages from bails... feasting on candy for days!
a drive in church- basically come to church in your pajamas and the preacher preaches from the boat. really tampa?!



No comments:

Post a Comment