Friday, July 29, 2016

Week 78

July 18, 2016

Couple of updates over here... it's been a crazy week between interviews, urgent care, exchanges and a million other things. All is well, now. We received a call from President Cooper on Friday telling us that he felt VERY strongly that Sister Sutton needed to go open one of the closed areas in our stake. We took her to the mission office and she is now there with one of her old companions. She will serve her last couple of weeks out there.... We have been with each other since day 1 and I really thought we would finish together! Saturday was sad to say the least.
 
Other news: Log and my theme this week was, "I fear no man!" I could tell a couple different stories from the week, but here's one about a sister I worked with this week - since that seems to be the theme of my mission... other missionaries.
 
We have REALLY been struggling with a set of our sisters. There is a lot involved in the situation, and not a ton we can do to help them, but it's causing stress with all parties involved. We did an exchange this last week, and all week I felt the need to be extremely bold with this sister. So while on the exchange we talked about some of the difficulties and things. At one point, I straight up told her that she was the problem and she needed to get over herself and set her personal pride aside. I've worked with this sister for awhile, and not much clicks with her unless you are very bold... so I was. I think she was a little taken aback, but she knew it was all out of love.
 
Throughout the whole thing, I kept feeling prompted to bring up the Book of Mormon... so I finally did. Turns out she has never read the Book of Mormon all the way through and she's not even sure if it's true... RED FLAGS!!! So I told her she needs to read the Book of Mormon every single day for an hour and pray and ask God if it's true. She agreed to do so. She called me the next day and said she had already received an answer, but she will continue to read the Book of Mormon for all of personal study everyday.
 
Also, I have never felt more bipolar in my life. Having to say goodbye to Sister Sutton this week felt like a preview of what is ahead, and I am not looking forward to it at all. So we're working hard and trying to ignore the inevitable!
 
Love you all
Sister Mal




Say hello to our 5 dollar pineapple nightgowns from Walmart. 





This is how I will always remember Sister Sutton hahahahaha

The storms are coming Harry! We must prepare!

Sister Sutton found this Hello Kitty first aid kit in all of her stuff and wanted to get rid of it... so i put it to good use first! 




Two of my favorite people in the whole world - John and Doug 

John helped Doug this week get his family history going



The story of the gloves will be told another day



Tan lines!

The morning we dropped off Sister Sutton :-((


No comments:

Post a Comment