Thursday, July 14, 2016

Week 77

Logan and I have started a bit of a challenge as to what our focus is these last couple of weeks. Like he mentioned, it was all about focusing on the one this week and I can think of multiple experiences I could share, but one has been MONTHS in the making. 

Doug was baptized almost a month ago and I could write a letter every single week about the Ward members lives he is touching. Literally every single person that comes to his lessons is so moved by his childlike innocence and desire to follow God. He's seriously uniting the ward, they can't get enough of him. We've really been working to get the youth involved, especially those that are thinking about missions. We've had the strangest groups of people join in the new member lessons, but they are so powerful and incredible every time. 

This week we brought one of the priests to his lesson. He had come once before and when we introduced him to Doug we explained that he was thinking about going on a mission. We decided to simply read the Book of Mormon with Doug this week. He was at Enos, so we read it all together, which was perfect. As I was testifying of the experience Enos had of praying in faith and acting in faith which led to miracles, I was really trying to focus it towards Doug, but the spirit kept prompting me to direct it to the priest more... So I went with it. I focused on the one the spirit wanted me to focus on! Near the end of the lesson Doug turned to the priest, quite randomly, and this is the conversation that followed:

Doug: So are you going to serve a mission??
Priest: ..... Yes. You know I once wanted to go really bad, but I had completely lost that desire and I had decided I wasn't going to serve, but I feel like the fire is back and I'm ready to go now.
(Picture three sisters mouths dropping to the ground)
Doug: You know who's been getting to you?! Satan!! You just need to kick him in the face!! Get him away from you.
Yvonne (Dougs daughter): yeah! Heavenly Father will help you!

The priest texted us later that night and said, "Thanks for letting me come. I really like Doug, he's an inspiring guy!" The next day, by divine intervention, we ran into his mom and she was THRILLED and praising the ground we walked on. He met with the Bishop yesterday, and the papers should be going in soon. All those months of teaching the priests and we got one. That's really what it's all about. Finding the one. Christ left the 99 to find the 1 and so should we. 

LOVE YOU ALL!
Sister Mal

 Fourth of July! This is our friend Miles. He's in pictures with Sister Huber and I from Easter too!

This has been a goal since I came to Florida...

Finally did it!

We left shortly after they started blowing everything up.

Metro eyebrow plucking.... Hahaha

Sister Durrant was my companion for the morning on campus.

Our sign for Doug... It's his favorite scripture.

a Jesus loving car




The metro group this time around (President and Sister Cooper joined us for the whole day)

Albino frogs


No comments:

Post a Comment