Sunday, July 26, 2015

week 26

Familia--
 
Wow. I don't even know where to start. ELDER TANUVASA COMES TOMORROW. and i'm praying that for some reason I have the miracle and blessing of seeing him. 
 
This week, well things are all over the place as always. But I noticed something as we talked to person after person this week.
 
A common question we are asked is, "Were you raised in the church?"
 
At the start of my misison, I HATED that question. I always felt like the person immediately discredited everything else I would say after that because they knew that was how I was born and raised and I really don't know any different. As time has gone on though, I've started speaking up. Now when someone asks my response goes a little like this, 
 
"Yes. I was born and raised in the church. But their comes a time in everyone's life where they have to know for themselves. I can honestly tell you that my parents wouldn't be able to send me off to Florida for a year and a half to teach this gospel. I could only rely on them for so long before I had to know for myself"
 
There is a quote in Preach My Gospel that has come to my mind again and again this last week: "Every man eventually is backed up to the wall of fiath, and there he must make his stand" - Ezra Taft Benson

There are very distinct times in my life where I feel like my testimony grew a little more. And as I reflect on those times it helps me to better understand how personally God knows each of us. Our testimonies develop according to our needs. God works in mysterious ways, so that one day, when we are backed up to our wall of faith, we truly will be able to make our own stand.
 
Love you all!
Sister Mal
 
P.S. Sister Olson and I are making big changes this week and we are really excited to see what the Lord has instore. We just hope we have enough faith to carry it out. Prayers for faith would be wonderful :)

This is what sister Olson looks at all day. Hahahahahah



Hermione on her way to District Meeting! 



the bump on my left heel is a bug bite... shoes are painful to wear because of it.

The last picture of the Tampa 2 sisters all together. Sister Tawzer leaves us this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment