Monday, July 6, 2015

week 24

Family-
 
John broke my heart this week. We'll keep it short, because it's depressing, but he called to inform us that he doesn't want to be baptized right now. He knows it's what he needs to do, he's received his answer from God, but he doesn't feel like he can do it at this time. We will continue working with him in the future, things are just put on hold. Thank you for all the prayers!
 
This transfer Sister Olson and I have had to see two of our sisters that we are over go home for health challenges. It's been quite the eye-opening experience. Last night as we talked with one on the phone (she goes home later this week), we asked if she felt like she had done all she could. She responded with a firm, "yes, I really feel like I have".
 
I went to sleep last night thinking a lot about that. Have I done all I can? 
 
I woke up this morning and found a journal entry from the day before I entered the MTC. In it I had wrote the advice that was given to me at my setting apart. Each piece of advice touched me, but Tai Tanuvasa's really stuck out to me. 
 
He said, "Remember that God is the teacher. Just like you were once my piano teacher, and I didn't always do my homework and practicing, you still worked with me. God is the same, you have to do all you can and then He will work with you".
 
Amen Tai. Amen. 
 
I will continue to do all I can and trust in the Lord to make up the difference, because He truly is the ultimate teacher. This is His work, and I am blessed to be a small part of it.
 
Love you all!
Sister Mal

shoe shopping last monday with sister wilkenson. she's the best!

throw back to south tampa days... me hanging with eric jeune and rehnaya. my favorite haitian children ever. sis judkins just sent this to me

random lamb family

a HUGE thunder storm came in this week. this is one of 5 trees that we found that day that were struck by lightening in our neighborhood. God is forcing me to get over my fear of storms.


Oh i love her!


Happy 4th!


No comments:

Post a Comment