Saturday, April 30, 2016

week 63

this letter will be in three and a half pieces:

transfers: STAY, both Sister Huber and I, we figured that would happen. We have a ward to build and an area to crush. We are pumped for another 6 weeks here.

testimony request: family, I am requesting that each of you send me a little letter of your testimony on one of the commandments. What I was studying in Preach My Gospel this morning told me to ask my family for testimonies, so here we are. If anyone else wants to join in- feel free. I want to know how you have been blessed for living a specific commandment (ie: tithing, word of wisdom, scripture study, the 10 commandments, pick a commandment, any commandment works) thanks :)

the holy ghost: Madison told me a couple weeks ago that when I listen to General Conference I have to mentally think, "How does this apply to me, come August?" Let me just tell you. It was a struggle to do so, which I guess is a good sign. But this is basically what I learned: I received the gift of the Holy Ghost when I was 8 years old. I had it before I came on a mission. As I have been on my mission, I have gained a whole new appreciation and understanding for it. I have learned how the Holy Ghost works in my life and I have learned the blessings that come from really listening to the promptings I receive. I know where to go for comfort and I know when I am being warned. I know how the spirit speaks to me. But do you know what's so great? I don't have to leave it behind in Florida. I get to take it with me, wherever I go, as long as I do my part. And that's the best thing ever.

As a missionary, you try and help others have this same gift. I think the longer I serve the greater desire I have to make sure others have this guidance in their life as well. When we were teaching Priscilla and Mariah this last week, we went over the baptismal interview questions with them. I was absolutely amazed with their answers and the testimonies they have gained as we have worked with them. It's been incredible to see how their lives have been influenced by the power of the Holy Ghost and after hearing what they know to be true - I can only imagine what the gift of the Holy Ghost will do for them. We are praying that their mom will allow them to make this step! Receiving the Holy Ghost is literally the greatest gift you could ever receive. 

If you didn't watch General Conference- go watch it. The end.

Love you!
Sister Mal





No comments:

Post a Comment