Friday, June 26, 2015

week 22

Hello fam and friends!
This week. Wow. I’m just not even sure what to say about this week.
We met with John three times this week and one of the times we met with him he told us how he had just read 2 Nephi 2:11, “for it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things”. He told us how loudly it spoke to him and how it really touched him. 
And that my friends, is our theme for the week. We felt serious opposition this week.
·         We got caught in a thunderstorm almost every day but had an opportunity to clean up our former investigator lists.
·         John’s date has been pushed to July 11th  but we are really happy about it because he feels like the timing is right and that the Lord is really answering his prayers now.
·         I almost passed out from heat exhaustion… but don’t worry mom. The Lord provided, as always. And we got a little bit of time in the air conditioning!! 
·         We knocked more doors than I can count and I can count on my fingers how many people gave us the time of the day but we got our name tags out and we pulled weeds and planted new seeds!
·         We ditched our bikes countless times at random locations to take shelter but we were safe.
·         We walked. And walked and walked. Just like the pioneer children. And now have sweet calf muscles. 
·         Appointments cancelled left and right but we found out who is truly interested in learning more.
·         Sister Olson found a spider living in my bun one day but I learned that my fear of spiders has almost disappeared.
·         We got kicked out of 2 neighborhoods (new record!) but we realized that’s clearly not where the Lord wanted us to be at that time.
·         Every day the weather said: feels like 100+. But I mentally tell myself it’s only 70 degrees each day, and it’s starting to work. Dad- I freeze when I’m anywhere under 70 degrees… I’m going to die in a year!
·         I gained a new hatred for dogs and was attacked by a few too many this week but now I know I truly never ever want a dog.

Every single day, we laughed, we smiled and we had a good time. I am especially grateful for Sister Olson this week and the fact that no matter what the day throws at us, we truly can be positive about it. Each day we woke up a little more determined to have a great day, and when that day was a little bit worse than the previous, it pushed our determination even more. It’s been a hard week, but we are happy. We are exhausted but we are working hard and see countless miracles each day. Life’s not fair, but the Lord always provides and without hardship and sadness we truly can’t know joy. Here’s to good things to come, and here’s to good things that are right in front of our face.

Love you!
Sister Mal

p.s. 5 months…. What the what?!

mom-- i also got your package... you're the best :) let it be known that this is what i look like everyday. how we are allowed to represent the church... i have no idea. but the dress was put to good use the day it came! love ya!!

pure joy came on monday... shout out to mad for being the BEST. i literally was DYING of happiness.



the magic shirt mad!! us riding after a lesson with a Less active family. they have a 9 year old daughter that will go knock doors around their neighborhood with us. she's the best. (Madison's note: this is the "magic shirt" from my mission that I sent her this past wee)



parrots in someone's FRONT yard. oh florida. you kill me.


hunchback of notre dame biking.


one of the new neighborhood developments... wesley chapel is growing rapidly. everything is under construction in these parts of town








No comments:

Post a Comment